If you wish to take part in the EBW event in August, you will need to find a way to travel to Turku. Here are some basic tips to help you plan your trip:
– You can fly to Helsinki or to Turku (some flights)
– Or to Stockholm and take a boat from there.
– From Helsinki you can travel by train or bus to Turku
– You can take a bus from Helsinki-Vantaa Airport or from Helsinki city, bus station Kamppi
– Express bus from Helsinki-Vantaa Airport to Turku https://www.expressbus.fi/en/home/,
Direct to airport – Vainion Liikenne
– All busses in Finland: https://liput.matkahuolto.fi/connectionlist
– Cheaper bus from Helsinki city Kamppi www.onnibus.com, Travel updates |
OnniBus.com – OnniBus
20% senior discount from online store to those who are 65 years old or older
– In Helsinki there is a commuter train that runs from Airport to the Central Railway Station,
Trains I and P. Transit at Pasila station to long distance to Turku (Kupittaa station).
– Long distance trains
https://vr.fi/en Welcome on a journey together with us – VR
– You can book a ticket directly from Airport to Turku
Ferry from Stockholm to Turku
– You may travel during day or night
– https://ssl.directferries.com/, https://www.directferries.co.uk/
– https://fi.tallink.com/, https://en.tallink.com/en/book-a-cruise?
– https://www.vikingline.fi/, Travels and cruises on the Baltic Sea | Viking Line
Ferry from Travemünde to Helsinki / Finnlines
– Some operators have time limits when it´s possible to book a ticket. Normally, the earlier you book, the cheaper the price.
– On most pages you can choose also other languages than Finnish (suomi) or English
In Turku there is fine local transport. We will send more information about that later.